Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Smile, Back to Work, Slept Through the Night

We got our first smile from Evie on Saturday, April 17 at 6 weeks, 1 day. Pumpkin was singing I Have A Friend Named Jesus in Spanish to her while we were sitting on the couch together and she gave us a big toothless grin. Words cannot describe how proud and happy that little smile makes me every time!

On Sunday, the 18th, we made it down the Fredericksburg for the first time since she was born. She got to meet all her new friends and family and we got to see some more smiles. We didn't get home until late Sunday night, which made Monday morning come a little early.

On the Monday, I went back to work for two hours. It was a lot of fun and it wouldn't have even been that bad, except I was so tired. But Evie was in a good mood and blessed me with many smiles. Also the children I was with are 6 and 4, so they are pretty self sufficient, so that made it a lot easier.

Tuesday night, last night, Evie slept through the night! Sleeping through the night as defined by the pediatrician is 5 hours in a row and we made it to 5 1/2. She slept from 9pm-2:30am. While 2:30 is hardly morning, she fed from 2:30-3:15, slept from 3:15-5:30 (I think she was still hungry when she went back to sleep at 3:15) and then from 6-8:45. Dr. Ben said that during the last part of the night, the amount she sleeps will probably shorten, but I was just extremely happy with 5 1/2 hours! I remember going to sleep at 10:30 and thinking, "She went to sleep at 9, so she will probably be awake at midnight." And then when I went into the kitchen to get her bottle, I saw the time (2:30) on the microwave. I thought, "That must be the leftover time from the last time we used the microwave." So I pressed clear and nope! She really had slept that long!

Today, Wednesday, I think we are going to go out. I really need some tshirts. All my clothes are more dressy and I don't have as many occasions for that anymore. :) Until next time...