Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

The wonderful joys of life as a Mommy

Last night, I had a humorous and kind of gross experience. Eva has been sleeping 7-10 hours a night for about 4 weeks now. Typically she goes to bed at 7:30 and then sleeps until 3:30 or as late as 5:30. We are still working at eliminating that middle of the night feeding. Then she is up for the day at 7:30. Last night she woke up at 3:30 and I gave her a pacifier and was attempting to rock her back to sleep without the bottle. Well, she really was not satisfied with the pacifier and I was so exhausted from the weekend that I gave in and gave her a bottle. She took in about 6 oz and was extremely fussy and would not go back to sleep. No matter how much I burped her or rocked her, she was just whiny and not going back to sleep. (Typically if you give her a bottle in the middle of the night, she takes it in and goes right back to sleep.) So I rocked and soothed and talked until finally...she threw up allll over me, over her swaddling blanket, pajamas, the blanket I had over my legs and then...fell RIGHT to sleep. I mean, right to sleep. I have to wake her up just to change the nasty clothes. So in the end I may have been better off just continuing the rocking and just put her back down. Ah, well. I learned for next time. She then slept until 8:30, was up until 9:30 and is now sleeping again.

We have had so many things going on in the past couple of weeks. Auntie Carol came in and left. We had a wonderful time with her, she's going to be great with any kids that she decides to work with in the future.

This weekend we spent at my parent's house. It was the second time we have been gone over night and Eva did great. There was a full house with Nathan's birthday. Besides our family, Devin, Bastien, Matthew, and Mark also made it out. Of course, we had some amazing food that Mom provided us all with, including pesto sandwich and orzo salad.

This Friday night, we are having a couple of young couples over for Nathan's birthday. I can't wait to see Lily and James and Briana! The last time we saw them was over 2 months ago, I believe. Should be fun for all of us!

Until naptime rolls around again...