Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Butt in the air sleeper, big girl panties, & ice cream

A couple of misc pictures from October are coming up next.

Eva has always been a little "butt in the air" kind of sleeper, always a tummy sleeper. I couldn't resist snapping these pictures the other night and I just love all the colors. In the first picture, if you look very carefully in the background, that little dolly is the same doll that I got when MJ was born. Her name is "Name-ee babe-ee" and she is one of Eva's favorites. As you can see from the other pictures, she has quite the menegarie of animals in her crib. Primarily dogs. :D We try to clear it out occasionally, because we've gotten so many in there, that she just snuggles right down in the middle of them all.



Eva had a rough day with her teeth today. We are working on ALL 4 eye teeth today and they are awful. She's such a good sport and Nicky is so great with helping to keep her happy and smiling. But when Nicky goes home, her evening walk with Daddy is finished, and dinner time commences, she kind of melts into a whiny pile of mess. So I rewarded her with her first scoop of ice cream. She's had bites before from Stephen and I, but she was THRILLED to do it by "me. me. me." (We're getting very independent) She is also doing really well with her spoon, but as she reached the bottom of the bowl, her fingers became involved as well.


And finally, today was Eva's first day in panties! She is very pleased with the fact that she can pull these up and down by herself (mostly). She only had one accident and it was probably my fault. It was after dinner and I put her on her Elmo potty. She sits there, stands up, turns around, and looks in. Nothing. So she pulls up her underwear, but as soon as she gets it up, she says, "Pee-pee" so I quickly pull the panties back down and stick her back on the potty. Again, she sits there for a second, stands up, turns around, and looks in. Still nothing. At this point, I thought she was just playing, so I had her pull up the underwear and walk away, even though she kept telling me "pee-pee". you guessed it...about 5 minutes later, she's sitting on my lap. Oh dear...she was serious. Thankfully, it wasn't a ton of pee and easily remedied by her nightime bath. I guess Mommy needs to listen more closely next time!

(I'm hoping the hands down the underwear will stop soon!)